We make it a lot because we often have cherry tomatoes and potatoes in our vegie garden. I don't know how close it is to the original now! We have reduced the quantities to suit just the two of us, there is enough for Mick to have a small seconds.
- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- A few little potatoes or a couple of larger ones cut up
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- Handful fresh oregano
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Microwave the potatoes until just soft. We don't peel them if we use fresh small ones, but if they are the larger ones then we'll peel them first and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Cut the thigh fillets into thirds, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and brown them in a fry pan.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. If they appear to be really juicy, then I pinch each half to remove a bit of the juice first.
- Pick off the oregano leaves and bash them up in a mortar and pestle with a good pinch of sea salt.
- Once it is a mush, add a good splash of red wine vinegar (about 1 tbps) and enough olive oil (about 4 tbsp) to loosen the mixture.
- Put the browned chicken, the halved tomatoes and the microwaved potatoes into a dish - use a baking tray or lasagne dish, about the size that everything covers the bottom in a single layer.
- Drizzle the dressing all over and stir it all around.
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for about 40 minutes.