Saturday 31 December 2011

Is 2012 to be "a big year"?

Another year gone.  I have a good feeling about 2012 and hope it will be a positive year for us.  We're hoping it will be what we call "a big year" in our lives.  We've had one of those before.

1999.  That was a big one!  After years of debilitating pain I finally relented and had a hysterectomy at the ripe old age of 30.  No more pain, but no kids either.  It took a long time to reach the point of making that decision but by the time we got there we both felt very positive about it.  We'd done everything we could and it was time to move on. 

The week I got home from hospital I had a phone call from my old boss (the nice one) asking if I'd work for him again.  Yes! It was just what I needed and within weeks of my surgery I was back at work full time.  Immediately our financial woes were eased.  It was like starting a new life.

Mick, bless him, suggested I should go to Germany to spend some time with my long time friend.  I even got to join my friend and her family on their holiday on the Bay of St Tropez - the French Riviera no less!

We had only taken weekends away for years as we didn't have money for a holiday, we hadn't been able to afford for Mick to take unpaid time off work, and I was worried about being too far from home in case of the need for a rush to the hospital emergency department.  So, with the ability to now save some money and the need to find something to occupy us while our friends brought up their families we decided to buy a weekender to renovate. What a life changing decision that was to be. 

Here we are again on the brink of what we hope will be another year of change in our lives.  We're going to think positive.  I already have a new job to start next week.  We'll sell our house, we'll find a great tenant for the house up the street (which will eventually be our home), we'll find someone to rent some storage space out at the big shed and..... in September we'll take off on the adventure of a lifetime.  It WILL happen.

1 comment:

Tom and Jan said...

Yes.... You can do it!