Sunday 22 May 2011

Planning a visit to America

My friend Tammy and I are excitedly planning a holiday to the US in October.  Tammy has not been overseas so it's especially exciting for her.  Mick isn't keen to visit America so we're having a girls' holiday.

We're spending a couple of days in LA (I'm not a city person but I've been there once already and Tammy should see it once too!), then to Virginia for a few days.  Since starting my long term patchwork quilt project I've wanted to go the USA and see the original quilt that the idea came from.  I'm very much looking forward to seeing it!  It's at Scotchtown in Richmond, Virginia. Click here to see it  Then we'll head to Kentucky to visit a friend of mine and to also go to Paducah to see the antique and quilt stores.  Our last stop will be Pennsylvania for a week.  More quilts!

It has really perked me up to have something to look forward to, and with my long service leave money paying for it, I don't have to save for the trip either!

No comments: