Saturday 30 April 2011

Catch up

It has been a very busy 10 days for us.  Preparing for our garage sale, the two very hectic days of people coming to buy things, a big cleanup afterwards.

I had a trip to Melbourne to talk to someone about work for a day each week and had lunch with the girls from the office.  Another one of the accountants has since resigned so it wasn't only me who found it an unpleasant working environment.

My friend, Tammy, and I spent the better part of a day planning and booking our 3 week trip to the US in October. We'll go and see the original of my hexagon star quilt project at Scotchtown in Virgina.  Click to see my progress.  We're hoping to catch up with my friend, Sheri, in Kentucky and while there we'll go to Paducah (lots of antique and quilt shops).  And, finally, a week in Pennsylvania to see how the Amish live, learn about the history, and..... more quilts.

I've been feeling a bit flat lately without work to focus on so this has given me something to look forward to.  I like to have routine in my life and it has been difficult without it.  With preparing to put our house on the market there is lots to do around the house but it just isn't the same as getting up in the morning and going to a job where they need you.  I guess that's the thing... I don't feel needed.  I'm glad to be dealing with this issue now rather than if we'd finished up with work and headed straight off to England!

The final big event of the week was my mum and her partner buying a new house.  They just sold their Melbourne house and had decided to move to Bendigo.  She's very excited about it and we'll now be only half an hour away instead of more than an hour and a half.  She has just retired so it will be a big change for her too.

1 comment:

Derek and Dot said...

Hi Ellie
I have a very good friend who is a great quilter. Here is her blog here http://romanyquilting.blogspot.com/