From Symply Too Good to be True - book 3. This is my variation.
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 300g fish, chopped
- 150g raw prawns
- Can crab meat
- ½ bunch spring onions, sliced fine
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (in jar)
- 375ml tin low fat evaporated milk
- 2 cups skim milk
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cracked black pepper
- Heat the water, wine and garlic in a large saucepan.
- When boiling, add the fish, prawns, crab, parsley and spring onions.
- In a separate saucepan bring the tin of evaporated milk plus 1 ½ cups of the skim milk to the boil.
- Blend the cornflour with the remaining ½ cup of skim milk.
- When the pot of milk has reached boiling, add it to the pot of soup.
- Add the cornflour mix to the soup pot and stir well to thicken, taking care not to over-boil or it the milk will scorch.
- Add cracked pepper to taste and serve.