Monday 26 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to our family, friends, and readers. We hope you all had a great day!

For us it's been a typical Aussie Christmas - the weather has been hot!  We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my brother, his wife, and my stepmother.  My other brother and his wife stayed home at the last minute.  My little nephew wasn't well so they spent the day quietly at home rather than endure 2 1/2 hours in a hot car with a sick baby.  We missed them but had an enjoyable couple of days.

This side of my family seems to alternate between doing the seafood Christmas dinner and having a slightly more traditional meal.  This year we got out our Weber barbeque and roasted pork and also a beef fillet.  We had intended to roast potatoes and pumpkin but when I was at my mum's the other day I flipped through one of her magazines and saw a recipe for a warm potato salad that looked delicious.  We decided to make the salad instead of roasting potatoes.  So we had beans, pumpkin and warm potato salad with a fresh baked loaf of bread.  Not terribly "Australian" as far as Christmas goes but it was a lovely lunch.  I'll have to scan the recipe for that salad.  It was worth keeping!

We had pavlova for dessert and made a Christmassy ice cream that we were too full to eat. We all sat up and watched a movie Christmas night and woke this morning to a much cooler day.  Big relief.

No comments: