Thursday 9 August 2012

40 days and 40 nights

I'm a bit over waiting I think.  Today I just didn't feel like going to work.  I messed about and tidied up and shuffled papers until the very last minute that I can leave and still get there on time.  Usually I'm there 15 or 20 minutes before I need to be... but not today.   My concentration wasn't as it usually is and I was glad when the day was over and I could come home.  It's rare for me to have a day like this.  Hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal.

I never thought I'd actually think of a caravan as "home" but that's what it has become.  I rather like our little lounge room and we're quite used to sleeping in the caravan now.  I thought I'd miss our house when we moved but with nothing else in our minds right now except getting to England, I don't think we've really had time to think about it.  Every time I see Tracey (who bought our house) she's concerned that I might feel uncomfortable there.  But.... I don't.  I think Tracey and I will be friends, we've both said the same thing.  We have quite a few things in common.  I'm glad she's the one that bought the house!

Meanwhile Mick's made great progress with the things he wants to get finished at the shed before we go.  We have an ad in the paper to try and find someone to rent some storage space.  This week he's covering over a large pit in the under cover area where we have the caravan.  The caravan has been facing the opposite way to what we'd prefer and we've been unable to push it back further because the pit is behind it.  On the weekend the van will be turned around and we'll no longer have to walk all the way around it and along the edge of the covered area to come around to the shed door.  When it's windy and raining the rain gets blown in and it's not so pleasant with this cold weather we're having.  After the weekend we'll be able to just walk out the caravan door and straight across to the shed door.  Our last month or so here will be a little easier.

So now we have just 40 days and 40 nights left to wait before we start out on our big adventure.  Bring it on! 

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Living in a small caravan is good practice for living on a boat!
Yvonne