Wednesday 12 September 2012

6 days to go

We've been doing lots of "lasts".  Last trip to Melbourne, last night staying at my brother's and sister in law's, last supper with them, my last day at the Melbourne job, Mick's last day of work...

I had a dreadful sleep Monday night, having woken at 2am and being totally unable to clear my mind of the million things running through it.  I tossed and turned, not wanting to get up and wake the rest of the house and trying not to wake Mick with my tossing and turning.  Hopefully that will be the last of the sleepless nights.  We seem to be feeling a bit better about things now.

I must thank those who emailed or left comments of support last weekend when I mentioned us having a difficult time.  In particular Jennifer who sent an email that made us feel immeasurably more positive.  To think someone we've never met could understand how we felt so well.

I bailed out of a catch up with my friend Vicki for today and instead came home from Melbourne this morning to spend the day working on "the list".  Mum came over to have lunch and went home with the car loaded with stuff from the fridge and other bits and pieces.

Sorry mum but I have to tell.... my poor mum was quite upset to have her "new" car damaged while she was parked at the shopping centre.  There's scratches across the corner of the bumper.  Bound to happen sometime but particularly upsetting when it's the very first week.  I think she thought I was going to be upset!

We are looking forward to a quiet evening at home tonight after the hectic pace of the city.  I said to Mick we should try and unwind in the next few days so that we head off feeling relaxed.  We'll try anyway.

No comments: