Wednesday 5 September 2012

Recipe - Baked Apricot Rice Custard


I rarely make desserts or cakes, but when I stay at my brother and sister in law's place I'm sometimes treated to one from the Symply Too Good To Be True Books.  I like this one so thought I'd blog it so I can remember it when we're away.  I might even make it one day!

INGREDIENTS
¼ cup Basmati rice
3 tsp sugar
400g can apricots
2 eggs
2 egg whites
4 tbsp sugar
¾ tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups milk
Nutmeg

METHOD
Boil rice with sugar then rinse and drain well.
Spread rice over base of casserole dish.
Drain apricots and place on top of rice.
Add eggs, egg white, sugar, essence and milk into a bowl and beat well.
Pour over apricots.
Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Place dish into a tray 1/3 filled with water.
Bake 1hr or firm to touch in centre.

No comments: