Thursday 6 September 2012

The quilt's coming too

I've not been too good when it comes to updating about my 10 year quilt project (the Hexagon Star).  Actually, I've not been too good at working on it at all lately!  There's been too much else happening.

The girls at sewing gave me a lovely bundle of fabric to be used in my mega project.  Alison, my partner in crime, even chose a "difficult" fabric with instructions for it to be fussy cut.

I've washed all the fabric, including a pile of background fabrics I bought at the quilt show recently and I'll be packing it to come to England with us.  I have a plastic tub of sewing essentials on a ship heading to the UK so I'll have plenty of sewing to keep me occupied while we're away.  I even packed a cross stitch - something I haven't done for many years.  It was my favourite sewing project before I discovered patchwork and quilting.

I'm quite looking forward to looking for quilt shops as we cruise around.

The green fabric at right is my NZ choice from Katipatch, those to the left of that were from the girls at sewing.  The brown stripey one is from Alison - a fussy cutting challenge!
 

No comments: