- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (from jar)
- 2 tsp Moroccan seasoning
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1/8th tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 415g can chopped tomatoes (no added salt)
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder (salt reduced)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (no added salt)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon rind grated
- 400g can chickpeas
- 1 cup diced apple
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup water
- Couscous to serve (or mashed potato)
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and saute mince until cooked.
- Drain liquid from mince (or use a couple of paper towels to absorb it).
- Add the garlic, Moroccan seasoning and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve on couscous or mashed potato, or even on a slice of toast.